Our 20 week lecture and forum courses consist of a pre-recorded video lecture on the fortnight's topic followed by a week's forum discussion on the set reading moderated by the lecturer. The lectures, forums and materials can be accessed through our learning management system, Moodle. The price of the course is just £170.
- Introduction to Philosophy (20 February 2017 to 28 April 2017)
- Logic (21 February 2017 to 28 April 2017)
- Epistemology (22 February 2017 to 28 April 2017)
- Ethics: Historical Perspectives (23 February 2017 to 28 April 2017)
Advantages of online lectures
- The lecture goes online for the week covering a particular topic, and is accessible for the duration of the course.
- You can rewind and pause whenever you need to.
- Lectures will be easier to hear.
- You can go back and revisit a lecture anytime you need to (i.e. for essay preparation).
- You need never be late for a lecture!
- You need never miss a lecture!
Advantages of online forums
- You have time to think about what you're going to say before you say it.
- You have a written record of your contributions.
- Your classmates can make more considered contributions and responses to your contributions.